Robot vacuum cleaners

Hazey_Jane

Robot vacuum cleaners

Post by Hazey_Jane »

I think mine has gone to robot heaven and with a big apartment he definitely needs replacing

What type do you have and what do you like about it? And what kind of bass charger does it use? I want mind to live in the space under one of my cupboardy things so it can’t be too tall/ high
bramblerose

Re: Robot vacuum cleaners

Post by bramblerose »

We have a Eufy G30 Edge which is quite good. HE lives under the sofa in the kitchen.

It's mainly used downstairs but I put him to work upstairs once or twice a week to do under the beds.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

We have a Eufy Robovac X8 called Gary. I like him a lot. The main downside is how much space he needs to have around his base.
Marth
Location: London - but not by the sea. Nowhere near it in fact.

Post by Marth »

My Eufy went to heaven, but I bought a new battery from Amazon and he rose again.
Malan - We are not Slum People
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

A Roborock S7. We don't have the automatic base, so it hardly takes up any space.

I'm really pleased with it, it vaccuums really well, and the mop function is good for getting up the remaining tiny amounts of dust and any light marks.
Chicky

Post by Chicky »

We’ve got a trifo called Snuffles. He is a bit useless, I don’t recommend that particular brand.
Starry

Post by Starry »

We have a Dreamebot that auto empties and mops. Which is essential with our horrible stupid high gloss white tiles.
Jupiter

Post by Jupiter »

Do you rate that one, Starry? We have an OKP one and it's good but I'd love one with a mop feature.
Hazey_Jane

Post by Hazey_Jane »

Thank you all for the recs, good to know that Eufys are good.

Poopbum* is definitely on his way out and refuses to move. He’s connected to power and the lights are on but he doesn’t move.

*Mine are always named after whatever bit of telly I’m watching at the time. First it was called Lil Sebastian because of Parks & Recreation and then while watching Nanny MacPhee this amused me.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

I am thinking of getting one of these for my mum. She is in her 80s so not coveted to internet/wifi/mobile phone apps. 1 bedroom flat so all same level quite small space. Any recommendations on one used by older relatives/friends/parents. Thank you in advance.
Pawpads

Post by Pawpads »

We have a Neato. We have had him for about 4 years and he is bloody brilliant. He lives under a cupboard and I adore him.
ParisGal

Post by ParisGal »

Annabella wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 2:56 pm I am thinking of getting one of these for my mum. She is in her 80s so not coveted to internet/wifi/mobile phone apps. 1 bedroom flat so all same level quite small space. Any recommendations on one used by older relatives/friends/parents. Thank you in advance.
I asked MrPG about this as he did Big Research before getting ours, and he's not 100% but fairly sure that it doesn't exist :(

One of the things we'd ideally have liked on our Roborock is the possibility of using the software on a computer and not just a phone app, but that's not possible - most of the time it's absolutely fine, but moving the virtual barriers and so on would be easier and more accurate with a mouse.
Marth

Post by Marth »

My Eufy has an app but also has a remote control to allow it to be used completely independently of the app.
Annabella

Post by Annabella »

Thank you, Marth and PG.
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Hello! I'm interested in getting one of these for my parents. I see none of y'all have Roombas, are they passé now?

Stupid question - on the first floor, there are various little steps in between the corridors to the bedrooms. These gadgets can work that out and stop themselves from falling down the couple of stairs, right?
Marth

Post by Marth »

I have a roomba and an eufy and much prefer the eufy. Both have stair sensors.
Roma

Post by Roma »

I’ve had a Roomba for years, but when it broke I replaced it with an Eufy.

It’s just as good and has an app and remote control. It also comes with stripes you can cut and place it in areas you don’t want it to go. I live in a flat so no experience with stairs, but mine does have stair sensors.
bramblerose

Post by bramblerose »

My Eufy also has the strips you can cut to put in areas you don't want it to go and has never fallen downstairs.

It will tangle itself up in cables and/or cat toys though :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either, just fuck off and leave me alone.
Cerise

Post by Cerise »

Eufy here! It stays downstairs though and we have “no-go” areas set (so it does chomp cables).
lazzbo

Post by lazzbo »

Ha!

Great, thanks for the feedback. I'll look at deals on Eufys then. Even if they only use it downstairs, I think it'll be a total win.
Last edited by lazzbo on Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.